Does Your Home Have Mold?

As a homeowner in St. George, the word mold is a scary thing. Why should someone be afraid of something so small? You wouldn’t think it could cause very much damage by looking at it. But, mold can be a huge problem and if not taken care of right away it will continue growing. Believe it or not, mold damage is one of the top insurance claims for homeowners. The professionals at Ally1 strongly believe that when a homeowner is prepared, they can minimize the damage. Ally1 wants to get you prepared by answering a few basic questions.

mold damage st georgeWhat is mold?

Mold is a type of fungus. The spores are too small to see without a microscope but when a lot of mold is present it is visible to the naked eye. Different molds are different colors based on the nutrient source.

Why does mold grow?

Mold occurs when moisture is present. Mold needs a food source, oxygen, and temperatures between 40-100 degrees Fahrenheit. Mold can grow on many different surfaces. Do you have high moisture levels in your St. George home? Is there a musty smell? Have you had a pipe break or washer overflow? If you answered yes to the previous questions, there is a good chance that mold has or will develop inside your home.

Health risks

Mold affects everyone differently. Mold can even affect your pets. Mold can cause rashes, runny noses, difficulty breathing, and symptoms similar to the common cold. Everyone has been exposed to mold. The affects it has are based on the levels of exposure. Each person reacts differently based on their allergies. Mold is a common cause of many different respiratory problems especially if the person already has asthma or other respiratory conditions

Damage Risks

When mold starts to grow it can compromise the stability of your home. The water and mold can get into the wood and drywall in your home and start breaking down the material, eventually causing it to become unstable. Mold can easily be disturbed, allowing the mold spores to migrate to areas that were not affected before. That is why it is essential to have mold removal professionals deal with any mold that is growing in your home. Not only will this prevent additional damage, it will greatly reduce any health risks to you and your family.

Call in the Professionals

It is very important to check your home for mold periodically, especially if you live in a humid area. If you have had any recent water leaking in your home you should call in the professionals and have an assessment done. Hopefully this has helped you know a little more about mold and gave you a better understanding on how you should handle a mold damage situation. Don’t hesitate to contact the professionals at Ally 1 Disaster Solutions to help with the mold removal in St. George. Don’t risk you or your families health by trying to tackle mold removal in St. George on your own, contact the professionals at Ally1.

Call Now